Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Do a good turn daily

The other day I notified my bank -- TCF Bank, if you're wondering -- that they had erroneously credited $1300 to my account. In order to correct the error, they deducted $2600.

Since it was a heavy spending weekend (wedding = suit + gift, I spent about $300 to-be-reimbursed bucks at work, and I paid off my credit cards) this resulted in an overdraft, for which TCF Bank charged me $105. They say that I'll get my $1300 back on Monday (please note that today is Wednesday), at which time I'll once again be able to withdraw cash and do debit card transactions.

As for the $105 overdraft fee, I have the right to protest it. The person I talked to thought I had a better than even chance of getting it refunded if I really stick to it and fill out all of the forms correctly and in a timely manner.